Sunday 10 June 2012

Lucky Heather, Sweet Sixteen

Hello there and top of the morning to you all. I've been a bit quiet lately for various reasons but I have found time to do a little bit of crafting. As luck would have it, my son gave me my birthday present early which was some crafting cds from Jems Designs. Nothing like some new images and stuff to get the creativeness flowing!! The image I've used for the birthday card below caught my eye on the cd rom Elegance which is a triple disc set from jems Designs.
The lighter blue decorative backing paper and the image are from the Elegance cd rom. The topper I layered onto gold mirror card. Now I usually put blue with silver but for some reason, on this occasion, gold seemed to suit the image better!!. The young lady has been decoupaged, the topper glittered and bejewelled with faux gemstones. White silky cord has been wrapped around the topper finished of with a bow, white marabou feather and a sprig of lucky heather.
A couple of diecut shapes using spellbinders dies with white gemstones have the birthday sentiment upon them and add a bit of dimension. - This is quite an unfussy card for me I think, but I wanted to keep it simple and quite like the 'minimalist' approach.

Thank you for stopping by. xx

9 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous , I love how you have put all the layers together

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card, and great layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and loving the image xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Briar. As with all your work, I love your attention to detail and the finishing off of everything. Perfect!
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning! I love all the glitter and bling and the image is stunning!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, lovely image.... i hope you had a lovely birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww this is fabulous :-) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. The opinions and criticisms of fellow crafters are very special to me. xx