Friday 1 June 2012

A bit of a mess!!

At least that is what my craftroom looks like especially when I've been stamping which is a rarity indeedy. But I do have a few stamps and on this card I have used one of my Kanban steampunk stamps with Tim Holtz distressing inks. I do think I was a bit heavy handed going round the edges of the topper and this kind of thing is what puts me off stamping more often. The topper was almost complete, I liked the main image so didnt want to waste it, and there I go . . .once on the ink cant be taken off!!!

The figures themselves were stamped onto white card and then I stamped the images repeatedly on some Tim Holtz grunge papers which I then cut out and decoupaged onto the original stamped image.
I also used Tim Holtz grunge papers for the backgrounds then finished off with ribbon, feathers, cogs and clock from stash with a couple of glittered roses that I made by twirling paper!

Thanks for stopping by, it's been great having your company. xx

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Have a lovely weekend! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! this is wonderful, I love all those textures and the colours are fabulous

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely brilliant hun, love it, if you would like to share this on the Kanban blog on 'Your Gallery', get in touch xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWSERS this is absolutely fantastic!!!! I love my steampunk and yours is just fabulous! I love it!!!!!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is an amazing card. I love steam punk and you do it sooooo well :-) My steam punk always tends to look all dark and gloomy but you really have it down to a T!

    Thank you so so much for stopping by my blog, following and leaving such lovely comments. As soon as I am on my laptop (and figured out how) I will follow you too :-)

    Keep up the amazing work Hun,

    Love Lisa xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the wonderful layering of the image, the coats they are wearing look fabulous, and I think your distress ink edge actually is great, even if a little heavy handed as you described as it draws your focus to the image. Beautifully Done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to everyone for the very encouraging and kind comments. You have given me the incentive to try stamping a bit more often!! love n hugs. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. The opinions and criticisms of fellow crafters are very special to me. xx